Thursday, April 1, 2010
April's Good Buys
Jokes abound on April Fools’ Day, but none of them are near as bad a joke as the idea of bathing suit shopping. Yet now is the time, dear friends, to unbundle and give it a go. Yes, some of us are still winter-pasty and some of us have yet to lose those few pounds gained back over the holidays, but April is honestly the best time to score the best suits of the season.
Swimwear shopping is like no other; you must prepare yourselves. I’ve got a few tips I’d like to offer to help you get through it:
1. Use some kind of self-tanner – apply it a few days before you shop. Even a minimal shade will make a world of difference.
2. Fix your hair and apply your makeup – it sounds silly, I’m sure, but when you’re in a changing room with just your body and bad lighting, bad hair and no makeup will only dampen your mood.
3. Wear shoes with a slight heel – this elevates and elongates the legs, and forces your posture into position. Good posture = confidence, and boy, do we need all the confidence we can get when trying on swimsuits!
4. Don’t shop if you’re suffering from PMS – Crankiness and bloating can devastate even the most confident shopper. Stay home and eat chocolate that day.
5. Avoid hairy-scary situations – you won’t sell yourself on the suit when you’ve a forest sprouting from your legs, armpits, and other bits. Shave or wax; you’ll feel much better about yourself.
Other items to seek out this month include skirts and summer shoes. It’s a big month for summer shipments of almost everything. Take inventory first of what your really need, make a list, and stick to your budget. Good luck and have fun!
Image Consultant/Life Coach
Look, feel, and LIVE your absolute best!
ps..My book, First Style Guide for Girls, is now available! Proceeds go to charity. Details on my website!