Saturday, August 15, 2009

Living Well


A huge difference exists between living and living well. Too often, people merely want to get through the day, work toward the weekend, and then start the cycle over again come Monday morning. They rely on fast-food for sustenance, television for entertainment, and a wardrobe consisting of black slacks and white shirt that they assume will carry them anywhere.

My friends, life is far too short not to live well.

Living well does not mean one has to have a lot of money. Living well does not mean one must live in a mansion. Living well does not mean that one must look a certain way. Some of the happiest people I’ve ever known didn’t have much to call their own, but they knew how to live well. They laughed. They enjoyed different types of art and music. They enjoyed the company of a variety of people. They gave of themselves…their time, their wisdom, and even a shoulder to cry on from time to time.


I find it a little sad when someone says, on a Monday morning, “Wow, I can’t wait for Friday afternoon!” I’m equally disheartened when Friday afternoon rolls around and someone cries out “TGIF!” It’s important to make the most of each day; to find excitement in what it may bring, and to be pleased that those past mistakes were in fact learning tools.

Look, feel, and live your absolute best – that’s the motto I use for my business and the one I live by each day. I feel that those concepts work together to create a meaningful, joyful life - a life that’s lived well. And don’t we all deserve a life that’s lived well?
Beth Newman
Look, feel, and live your absolute best!

No comments:

Post a Comment