Monday, May 17, 2010

Hocus Focus


I believe in magic. Not the kind you find at kids’ birthday parties or lavish Las Vegas shows, though; I believe in the kind of magic that surrounds us each day. I believe, too, that we have the power to tap into our own Harry Houdini and create truly magical experiences for ourselves.

But before we start waving our wands willy-nilly, we must be certain of one thing: our intentions.

In order conjure up something fantastic, we must first determine what that fantastic something is. One of the main reasons people don’t get what they want out of life is because they simply don’t know what they want. Perhaps they’re living the dreams others have placed before them. Perhaps they’ve been conditioned to believe that focusing on a particular dream is selfish. It takes a lot of soul-searching, prayer, and meditation to overcome these limitations, but trust me when I tell you that it’s well worth the time and effort.

I think, too, that mind-clutter keeps us from living magically. With all the bad news, bad TV shows, bad music, and bad movies floating around out there, we tend to mire ourselves down into a swamp of negativity. All the violence, deviance, and selfishness we read about, listen to, and watch eventually enters the subconscious mind. Years ago, I learned the concept of ‘Garbage In – Garbage Out’ and although I didn’t apply it at the time, I now know for a fact that it is true. We can’t live magically while wallowing in a dumpster.

I encourage you today to take a little time to think about what it is you truly want out of life. Overcome any fears or limitations you may have. Surround yourself with positive energy. Then prepare yourself for a wonderfully magical ride!

Beth Newman
Image Consultant/Life Coach
Newman Image
www.newmanimage.info
Look, feel, and LIVE your absolute best!

Contact me for details about my online course, Miracles, Magic, and Everyday Grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment